Mactan Island Aquarium (MIA), Mactan, Cebu
The Mactan Island Aquarium (MIA) opened to the public in September 2008 and is the first and only public aquarium in the Visayas region.
Our exhibits, tours and educational programs focus on the aquatic life of The Philippines and the tropical Pacific Ocean.
Scientists recognize the central Philippines region as the global centre of marine biodiversity. Meaning that there is nowhere on this planet with a greater variety of marine life than here, so where better to have an aquarium to reveal the amazing life forms beneath the water?
Mactan Island Aquarium visitors can see an amazing variety of marine life from the tropical Pacific Ocean. Home to over 1,000 animals including exotic fish, water snakes, sea slugs and even turtles, the Aquarium is especially proud of its wide variety of life forms. When you come to the Aquarium, you can get up-close views of reef sharks, living corals, sea horses, graceful sea jellies, myriads of colorful reef fish, and much, much more.
- Admission rates are 250 pesos for adults, 200 pesos for children (4-12 years old).
- Discounted admission for local residents is 100 pesos for adults, 75 for children (4-12 years old).
- Children 4 and under are free. Each paid admission includes a guided tour of the exhibits, a major bonus to get the most from your visit.
- Kids can use the puzzles and coloring materials and leave their artwork in the kiddies corner.
- Admission desk open seven days a week from 10:00 am to 6:00 pm.
Location & Contact Information:
Telephone (0063) 032 2366248
SMS/text (0063) 0919 4851276
Address: Maribago, Mactan Island, Cebu, Philippines
Located Just minutes from the international airport and most resorts on the island, or around 30 minutes from downtown Cebu City, The Mactan Island Aquarium is located in Barangay Maribago on the main highway around the island - just near White Sands Resort and Imperial Palace Hotel. It may be reached by private car, taxi, tricycle, jeep or coach. There is ample free parking and we can even accommodate coach parking on site.
We are here - Please Click on map to enlarge
We hope to welcome you to the aquarium very soon!
Please visit our web site for more information.